People today have realised the need and importance of SEO, and they are trying to spend a lot of time in correcting and editing the quality of their sites to rank better. One of the biggest platforms that are here to support bloggers and site builders is WordPress. With WordPress, people can build their own sites, and with its features, people are able to make their sites rank better as well. But you can make complete use of your WordPress only when you know how to make use of the plugins that are available in it. So we will understand what a plugin is and also we will how to install them.
What is a Plugin?
Though the platform comes with a lot of features, you can make the fullest use of it only when you install plugins to your WordPress. Plugins are additional features that aren’t by default available for you to use but you can install them later. Plugins can offer various features, and not all of them are required by everybody, and that is the reason as to why you are expected to install them yourself so that you can pick the one you need. All you need is a premium version of the WordPress, and you are good to go.
Steps to install plugins:
- The first thing that you have to check is the type of website that you have purchased for yourself with WordPress, that is whether it is .com or .org. the plugins are available only with the .org extension and not with the .com thing. So if you own .org then we are good to begin the tutorial.
- WordPress gives you the access to tonnes of plugins that are available on the internet. All of them are not for you to download because that can be a huge process. Instead, you can pick the ones that you will use on a regular basis affirmatively. Then you can make proper use of WordPress.
- There is a long list of plugins available. You can go and check them out. There is also space available for search, and you can use that as well. You can either search by the name of the plugins or its functionality. The WordPress will help you find the plugin that you are looking for.
- Once you have found the plugin, you shall click the Install Now button and wait for it to install. It can happen within a few seconds. Once the installation process is over you are expected to activate your plugin. Plugins only work when they are activated, or else it will simply sit there on the page without functioning so do not forget to activate the plugin.
- You can now configure the plugin by making the necessary changes in the settings and you are done now. Your plugin is ready to work now.